Kountze Intermediate School
Early Release - April 2, 2015 at 12:30 p.m.
Easter Break - April 3rd-6th
Classes will resume April 7.
KIS students competed in the Texas Math and Science Coaches Association contests on March 7, 2015
The following students advanced to State in their contest.
Jaythan in Number Sense
The General Math Team members: Jaythan, Zoey and Leigh
The Calculator Team members: Eddie, Seth, Zoey and Raven
March 11 - Spring Group Pictures
March 12 - 5th Six Weeks Progress Reports
March 16-20 - Spring Break
March 23 - Bunny Gram begins
March 30 - STAAR testing (4th Grade Writing Day 1)
March 31 - STAAR testing (4th Grade Writing Day 2 & 5th Grade Reading)
April 1 - Bunny Gram end
April 1 - Chocolate Fundraiser pickup day (2:30 - 5:00)
April 2 - Early Release at 12:30 pm
April 2 - Bunny Gram orders will be delivered to students
April 3 - Good Friday Holiday
April 6 - School Holiday
April 10 - 5th Six Weeks End
- Morning drop off is located in the back of the K.I.S. GYM from 7:00 am until 7:40 am. Supervision will be available during this time. This decision was made after many requests and concerns about student’s safety issues with morning car-rider drop off.
- Please make every effort to inform you child of his/her transportation arrangements before the start of the school day. If any unforeseen circumstances require you to make a change to your child's transportation during the day, please contact the office before 2:30 p.m.
- Parents please make every effort to send your child to school with all his/her belongings (school supplies and lunch provision) to make sure each child is prepared for a successful and productive day.
- We would like to extend a huge "Thank You" to the High School Robotics team, The Dapper Dans and huge dose of gratitude go our parents.
- A special thanks to K.I.S. parents for their continued support in guiding their students to follow all K.I.S. guidelines.
K.I.S. School Hours
7:50 a.m. - 3:21 p.m.
New Students Registration:
Parents/Guardians will need to bring the following information to complete registration:
birth certificate, social security card,
shot records (must be up-to-date), parent's driver's license, and
proof of residency (utility bill with physical address).
2015 March Newsletter
2015 March Lunch Menu
2014-15 / 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade Supply List
2014-15 KISD Dress Code
2014-15 KIS Student Handbook