Welcome to Mrs. Ensinger's Classroom!
I am so excited about the upcoming school year!
I have enjoyed meeting my new students as well as many of their parents and look forward to expanding their knowledge and watching them grow.
My class is self-contained therefore I will provide instruction for all subject matter. Qualified students will be pulled out for dyslexic and/or RtI services.
Expectations for the 1st six weeks include:
- the accuracy of reading on a Level 16
- 4 AR tests weekly
- comprehension & vocabulary understanding of weekly stories
- development of phonic skills associated with: abc order, vowels, consonants, digraphs, combinations, blends, spellings with initial “K” sounds, ck as "k" in final position, and review of 1st-grade common Sight Words
- usage of complete sentences, parts of speech: nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns
- Glossary, ed/ing endings, multi-meaning words
- fluency in basic addition facts
- identify, order, and compare numbers to the hundreds place
- odd/even numbers
- active participation in discussions over Social Studies Weekly, heroes, science tools, seasons, and animals.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office to schedule a conference (9:40-10:25) or email me at email@example.com.
Choose another page in this section.