Mrs. Anderson's 5th Grade
Reading, Language Arts & Social Studies
Show your PRIDE!
Accelerated Reader Classroom Goals (See my Homework Guideline page for more information)
1st Six Weeks - 2 points
2nd and 3rd Six weeks - 5 points
4th, 5th, and 6th Six weeks - 6 points
3rd Six Weeks Reading
- Read with fluency, accuracy, expression, and appropriate phrasing.
- Use context clues to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of fiction and provide evidence from the text to support understanding.
- Summarize information in text.
- Establish purpose for reading nonfiction..
- Text Features of Nonfiction
- Identify literary language used in biographies and autobiographies.
- Determine meaning of grade level words derived from Latin, Greek, or other linguistic roots and affixes.
- Use context to determine or clarify the meaing of unfamiliar or multiple meaning words.
3rd Six Weeks Language Arts
- Use elements of the writing process (planning, revising, editing and publishing) to compose text.
- Understand the function of and use the conventions of academic language when speaking and writing.
- Write legibly using correct capitalization and punctuation.
- Identify and use verb tenses.
- Identify and use regular and irregular verbs.
3rd Six Weeks Social Studies
- The Constitution and the Bill of Rights
- The Three Branches of Government
- Government of the People
All information and dates are subject to change without notice.